Anko Kitashirakawa (北白川 あんこ Kitashirakawa Anko) is Tamako's younger sister, who is in fourth grade. She is more practical than her older sister and is a more fashion conscious girl. She often demands that she be called just "An".
AppearanceEditAnko is a little girl with waist-long, black hair. She has one ponytail on the right side of her head, kept in place by a small red bauble. Anko has fox-like, brown eyes.
She is considerably more practical than Tamako, and expresses maturity yet also stubbornness. She seems hesitant about expressing her feelings, most particularly when involved with a crush. Nevertheless, she is shown to behave quite childishly at times, being eager to assist in Shiori to cook dinner to be praised.
At some point in her childhood, her mother passed away. She attended the funeral along with her father as well as her elder sister, appearing sullen.
- Tamako Kitashirakawa: Anko is the younger sister of Tamako and despite having differences in behaviors, they still get along. Tamako tends to look after Anko and Anko in return usually lightly chides Tamako's eccentric ideas regarding mochi. Anko, despite being bothered by Tamako's lack of practicality and recklessness, does express care for her older sister and acknowledges she can be serious when she wants to.
- Mochizō Ōji: The two are on friendly terms, with Anko nicknaming him "Mochi". They have a signature greeting when seeing each other, when both raising a hand without waving it. She trusts him enough to spill her worries to her, and there is a running gag in the film where he mistakes her as Tamako. They occasionally walk together, and she expressed concern when he was distressed.
- Dera Mochimazzi: Anko is frequently bothered by Dera's presence — regarding him as creepy and perverted — asking when he was going to leave, and generally dislikes his behavior. Nonetheless, she recognizes that he gives good advice and can be philosophical.
- Yuzuki: Anko's crush. She expressed shyness when he was around, and was upset when he was moving. She wanted to gift him some mochi but was unable to, though was eventually able to. He promises to visit her, to which she accepts.
- Anko's name means bean paste.
- Anko's blood type is B.
- In Tamako Love Story, she is described as the middle ground between Tamako and Mochizō awkwardness, being the calm, rationale between the two and desires to see them grow up together.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tamako Market anime, Episode 1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Tamako Market anime, Episode 9.
- ↑ Tamako Market anime, Episode 3.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tamako Love Story film, 2014.
- ↑ Tamako Market anime, Episode 12.
- ↑ Tamako Market Official Art Book.
- ↑ Tamako Love Story Guidebook (Yukiko Horiguchi)